Momma Cuisine: Amazing Tips to Help Reduce Food Waste in Your Kitchen
The fact is that forty percent of food cooked and prepared in the United States are not consumed and are put to waste, which is really alarming and depressing because hunger and poverty rule in the other parts of the world. While it is true that we can’t necessarily control the food waste thrown in restaurants and grocery stores, we can definitely control the food waste occurring in our homes. In this article, we will help you reduce your food waste down to forty percent through these tips and tricks for reducing waste in your kitchen.
1. It is a good idea reusing your leftovers. You can reuse your leftovers by not only microwaving your last night’s dinner. It is not a good idea microwaving your leftovers because it will just overcook the food and the food loses its texture.
2. Remake your leftovers ideas. You can fry to make some butter, make a quinoa salad, or rice salad for leftover grains and legumes. You can add some peas, shredded carrots, bits of leftover ham, and tossing it with oyster sauce or soy sauce to make breakfast fried rice. You will surely be delighted to add leftover grains and legumes to soups and salads. You can cook some patties with egg, herbs, and spices to be fried in a shallow pan. You can fry leftover lentils and add Mexican seasoning.
3. Use your creativity and resourcefulness for leftover meats. Thinly slice pork, beef, and chicken, and add them to sandwiches, soups, or salads. For a simple lunch, you can pair your leftover cold roast beef served with mustard to dip and homemade biscuits.
4. Never waste your leftover cereal or oatmeal. Add honey, a dash of cinnamon, eggs, and rice flour to make some patties.
It is a good idea being organized with your food leftovers. Place your leftovers in mason jars for a plastic-free option. Just make sure not to forget adding the date.
6. Keep your leftovers in the fridge in vacuum sealer roll. It is better to use transparent containers to store food in the fridge so you can easily what is inside and remember to make good new recipes with them.
7. Prevent wasting of food by serving small portions for children. Children who are served with one huge serving of food tend to be overwhelmed and ending wasting food, so it is best to have multiple servings instead.
8. Have a food shopping plan. More unnecessary food, more food waste. It is best to make a list of your needed ingredients that is enough for your next grocery day.
Feel free to check this out or visit the website to find out more about Momma Cuisine tips and tricks.